Wednesday, January 12, 2011

It's Officially 'Why The Hell Do I Live Here' Weather

Oh, mama. My back hurts, my arms are shaky, and I'm so sore and tired that I could fall asleep right now. It's not due to the laundry, either, though I did get 6 loads done (mostly sheets and blankets), and am happily All Caught Up.

Also, I am ready to kill Miri, who has had a Major Day of Random Meows, but that has nothing to do with anything else.

And anything else means snow. Buckets of it. I don't know exactly how much my town got, but nearby towns have reported 17 inches and 23 inches, so it's somewhere around there. Unofficially, a buttload of snow.

I really wish I had spent my snow day like this:



But such is not my life. If reincarnation is true, I want to come back as the cat of someone like me. I would make an excellent pampered housecat.

Anyway! On with the story. The morning wasn't too bad. I woke around 7, and peered blearily outside:


The view convinced me that no, I really wasn't going to work, so I happily went back to bed.

A few hours later, feeling cozily well-rested, I went downstairs to see if by chance the newspaper delivery person had attained relative-door-aim (not his best skill on a clear day).


It would appear not. I went down around 11 for Shoveling Round One, and dug out the landing and stairs, without encountering the Globe.


It may surface around April or May, is my guess.


Morning conclusion: beautiful, but troublesome.


For you see, though we have a guy plow out the driveway, he doesn't dig out the cars. So here's where we were for Shoveling Round Two, around 2:30 this afternoon. It's like a game: can you spot the car?


And here we have: found it! AKA shoveling off the windshield, aka Shoveling Round Three, 4 PM.


Shoveling Round Four was done around 6 PM, and no pictures were taken. I didn't get the car fully dug out, but my body informed me that I was done for the day anyway. But here's a crappy from-the-window photo, so we can play another game.

See the two mounds? On the left is my car.

On the right is the snow I piled up uncovering it.


And the plow guy left us this pile by the door. It's hard to tell from this angle, but I estimate it to be 4 to 5 feet tall, and maybe 6 feet by 8 feet. Ish.


Who wants to start a pool on when the last of it will melt?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are sore. Hope that you get some magically healing sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ow! Oh my, you moved a lot of heavy white stuff! From the Billerica Freecycle BB:



    Gotcher fresh white snow here! Great for making snowmen, snow-women, snow
    children, snow angels, snow forts, snow balls...plenty to go around.

    We also have some pretty big piles of not-so-pristine snow along the driveway,
    with more being pushed up every time a plow goes by. This stuff is good for
    building arm muscles, cardiovascular fitness, clogging snowblowers, and stopping
    plow trucks in their tracks. You are welcome to come help yourself!

    Melt in time for my plane tomorrow night!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow! New England definitely got the brunt of the storm. You deserve a long soak in the tub or some hot cocoa after all that shoveling.

    There's a giant pile of snow in front of my neighbor's apartment that looks strikingly similar to those. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next November, during an unseasonable warm spell.

    ReplyDelete