Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lilac ... Saturday

Every Spring around now, the Arnold Arboretum holds Lilac Sunday, when the many, many lilacs are near peak, and it's apparently a big festival thing. I hope everyone there is having a lovely time today; the weather is decent, though very windy, here.

I must say, seeing (and smelling!) the lilacs yesterday was good enough for me. My friends and I had a wonderful time, comparison sniffing, color checking, and generally getting tipsy on lilac odors. I wish I could share that lovely smell with you! Different colors, different shapes, different varieties all over.

But alas, all I can share is some of the 200+ photos I took yesterday. (Seriously.) There are a few of non-lilac flowers (and a couple of my friends' cat), but it's mostly lilacs, so that's where we'll go today. Ready?

If you don't care about lilacs one way or another, you are excused. Before you go, let me tell you, I leave for Florida tomorrow, so I don't know when I'll post next, but I hope you come back. Have a good week. You may go.

Lilac lovers, still there? Dive in!






































l





Happy Mother's Day, Mum. Love you. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning photos. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a perfectly miserable day. Thanks for bringing some beauty into it.

    Have as good a trip as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously. You HAVE to do this as a part-time gig. Your eye is FABULOUS!!!

    L, JLKB

    ReplyDelete