Thursday, May 21, 2009

Almost there

Today feels like summer, which makes me so happy I could dance. For the first time this year, I got home and had to change into shorts and a tank top, because I was hot. Hot! Not cold!

So yeah, today wasn't great at work, but not as bad as yesterday. I think the root cause of my disgruntlement yesterday, odd as it may sound, was that the company had a cookout. Which means that five weeks after the layoffs, they spent I don't even want to know how much on a cheery cookout (chicken? burger? sausage? hot dog? steak tips?), and somehow it seemed a little ... tasteless, metaphorically speaking. It bothered me, and since the week after a vacation is always a little more fraught anyway, well, that was yesterday.

Today was okay, work-wise, and lovely weather-wise, and now I'm going to make some yummy bell-pepper salsa while watching Doctor Who. And tomorrow is Friday, and they're letting us go early (which I heard from someone else, since they announced it at the cookout, and hello you'd think they could shoot out an e-mail since I wasn't the only one to eat at my desk, and ... let it go; let it go), and it will be a Three! Day! Weekend! Ahh.

2 comments:

  1. Ee-YOW. My husband's employer quit putting on parties altogether when they first started doing layoffs.

    I've been known to bake a chocolate decadence torte and send it in to work with him when people there have needed something positive to focus on. I'd send you one too if you were closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have the recipe again for the salsa?

    L,
    JLKB

    ReplyDelete