Thursday, April 16, 2009

No change in FL, bad day in MA

So, what could make a day with a father in ICU even more stressful?

Layoffs at work today.

Yes, unexpected (at least by me) layoffs. Happily (for me), I was not laid off*, and no one I work closely with was, either, but 16 people who had a job this morning didn't at noon, and from about 11 o'clock on my day sucked even more than it had before. The stress molecules rolling around were powerful, and I felt like (and still feel like) I had a 20-pound weight between and slightly above my shoulder blades. Ow.

*Perhaps this is a sign that the universe knows how much I can take (i.e., not much more). It could simply be that I don't work on the project they're scaling back ... but I just like the idea that something is watching out for me.

How was your day?

The Bruins play game one tonight. I threw in some laundry when I got home, so that it would be done before the game starts; then I can sit on my butt and watch Boston (hopefully) beat Montreal. Let's start strong, please, gentlemen; I'm closer to the end of my rope than I like to get. Knitting*, ice cream**, and a good hockey game: that would be a wonderful evening.

*It's not something I can blog about, as it's for someone who has been known to read the blog. We'll call it Secret Project One, as I have others in mind. As soon as it's done and gifted, I'll tell you all about it!

**I stopped on the way home. If ever an evening called for Gingersnap Molasses from Rancatore's, it's tonight.

Finally, so as not to end on a down note, if you haven't seen this amazing middle-school jump rope team, wow, go now. Go. Watch.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! I hope things go smoothly for your dad, and at your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Those Firecracker videos were AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great link - thanks! I continue to throw a few prayers upward on your dad's behalf and some thankful ones that you are still secure in your job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a shock. Am glad beyond belief that you were not effected, but I know how tough that is ... yea! to Ranc's - well deserved, and I saw on Facebook Jen King is down with your folks which must be a comfort.
    Love you lots, and hope to see you Sun, jdj

    ReplyDelete