Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sorry, No Details

'Tis the season to not be able to write about certain things. I can allude, of course, but it's not really as satisfying.

Not that I won't tell what I can! I can tell you that I got a present in the mail today, one I ordered for someone else, that is, and I was very, very pleased with it! But that's all.

And I'm knitting ... something(s) ... and I like the way it's/they're turning out. No more than that, though.

I had a hair appointment tonight, and on the way over I was thinking of it in terms of lost knitting time (my, how I've changed in the last few years), and wondering how long I could knit under the cape, if it was plain knitting, without having to look at what I was doing. It probably wouldn't work, but it would be interesting to try.

Anyway, to make up for the lack of actual content, let me share a story that I simply loved reading. It seems there is a secret organization in Paris dedicated to restoring France's cultural heritage. They were "discovered" recently when they let the Panthéon's administrator know that they had repaired the building's clock.


Yes, they broke in, and set up a secret shop to fix the clock (which had been allowed to fall into disrepair in the 1960s).

These are my kind of criminals. The best line in the story? I vote for:
"The Panthéon's administrator thought it was a hoax at first, but when we showed him the clock, and then took him up to our workshop, he had to take a deep breath and sit down."

3 comments:

  1. Oh. Wow. The Scooby Gang would be so impressed. I know I am!

    The whole clock thing smacks of the Nicolas Cage "Treasure" movies and I love it! As for the other event? Um...may I have a peek?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great security team they have in place :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that's wonderful! That just made my day. ;) Let's hear it for clandestine restorations!

    Also hurray for gifts that exceed expectations. Don't you just love finding something wonderful for someone? Good luck on the knitting!

    ReplyDelete