Saturday, December 15, 2007

Around the Tree

After Christmas, I'll be able to explain why I had the camera close-up to my tree in the first place, but I thought I would share some of my favorite ornaments, since the alternative is scenes like this:


Pretty, but depressing. (That was Friday on the way to work.) This is better:


In grade school, we made ornaments out of real eggs (contents blown out, of course), using our imaginations to decorate however we liked. (I don't remember exactly when this was, but probably 4th or 5th grade--9 or 10 years old). I made two, one a random patchwork of fabric bits:


And one your classic bunny head:


The ears droop, of course, always have; what are you going to do?

Another time, we took foam balls and wrapped them in bits of fabric, for a quilt effect:


Then there's the hockey theme (of course); you can see a Bruins ornament below, but if you look closer at the top, you can see a pair of penguins playing hockey:


Doesn't everyone have hockey-playing-penguin ornaments on their tree?

Finally, since you can see the ribbon loop strands in some of the photos, I wanted you to see the "birds making ribbon loop strands" ornaments, too:


The one in the foreground holds the loops, while the one in the background has the glue. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment