Thursday, November 16, 2006

It's full.

My brain, that is.

There was a Far Side cartoon where the kid in the classroom raises his hand and asks to be excused because his "brain is full", and that's where I am now. My brain is just not remembering things the way I want it to. I mean, I usually have to write things down if I want to remember them, but this is a new level. I'm getting tired of feeling stupid, as I forget words and names and what I was just about to do before I did this instead. I'm also tired of being this tired, and of being nervous about the closing, and of blowing off regular housework for packing, instead of blowing it off for reading (ahh, the good old days). I'm tired. But the end is in sight, I keep telling myself.

The Bruins won last night, if by won you mean managed to not fully blow it. They failed to completely screw up, is another way to put it. I am glad they won, I just get a little bitter when a team that was leading 2-0 ends up winning 3-2, in a shoot-out. At least they did win, but although I hate to sound greedy, could I request a game when they don't blow a lead? When they get ahead, stay ahead, and win in regulation? Is that asking so much?

Perhaps it is. I bring you this interesting little list from John Buccigross (ESPN):

Hockey Fact: Top Nine Active Stanley Cup Droughts:

1961 (44 seasons) -- Chicago Blackhawks
1967 (38 seasons) -- Toronto Maple Leafs
*1967 (38 seasons) -- Los Angeles Kings
*1967 (38 seasons) -- St. Louis Blues
*1970 (35 seasons) -- Buffalo Sabres
*1970 (35 seasons) -- Vancouver Canucks
1972 (33 seasons) -- Boston Bruins
*1974 (31 seasons) -- Washington Capitals
1975 (30 seasons) -- Philadelphia Flyers
(* -- have never won the Stanley Cup)

Since I just turned 38 last month, you can deduce that I only know of the Bruins' Stanley Cup days through the tales of others. I want to see it happen again, please! Although, hey, there are quite a few teams that have been around for a long time without ever having won it, aren't there? This surprised me. I also find a top nine list an interesting concept. I suppose the tenth team is less drastically pathetic, but one does wonder.

Finally, it is time to say good-bye to the Halloween M&Ms. I knew them well, too well. They were cute while they lasted.



See why you need a digital camera? How else would I capture important moments such as these?

No comments:

Post a Comment