Friday, November 17, 2006

Countdown: 4 days to close, 7 to move

So the Bruins won again last night, making it three in a row for the first time since January. (They haven't won four in a row since 2004, so the odds of them winning tomorrow night are small, though as they say the game is played on the ice, not on paper, so we'll see, but I digress). They played pretty well, and didn't give up even when they were getting lots of chances and still not scoring, so that was heartening. And who scored the game-winning goal in OT? Well, who was the only one who scored in the shootout Wednesday? And who had the game-winning goal last Saturday? Why, Patrice Bergeron, of course. That's my boy.

Of course, they could be sucking me back into hope, only to dash me on the rocks of these-are-the-Bruins-after-all, but I can't really help myself.

I was so tired last night, I couldn't make myself stay up late packing. I told myself to relax a bit (though not too much), that the movers weren't coming for seven days, and I only work three of those days, so I have time, I have time. It's so overwhelming, moving a packrat. How do I own So Much Stuff? (Notice I don't ask why, just how.) But I am getting there, slowly. All the books in the living room (though not in the office) are packed, which is no small accomplishment. The living room is just about done, actually. But trust me, I'm not complacent.

I did just have to get a headache today, though, didn't I. This may be why I have felt so tired and low-energy, and it's certainly why I've had an upset stomach. It's a chicken-and-egg thing, the headaches and the way the rest of my body feels. I don't think my eyes have been fully open all day.

I hope I don't look the way I feel. I may resemble death inadequately re-heated, but maybe I just feel that way.

In any case, not much got done tonight, either. It isn't really a choice, when my head is like this: I can't do much. I'm hopeful that it's passing now, so with a good night's sleep, I'll be primed for a productive weekend.

It was warm-for-November today, low 60s, so I left a couple of windows open this morning. Tonight the cats had fresh-air fur. Mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment