Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Seriously mixed feelings

I heard this afternoon that the tenant in the fire died.

So, I feel bad for him, and his friends and family, and both sorry and almost angry that anyone dies such a preventable death. I'd like to time-travel back and stop Walter Raleigh from finding out about tobacco. Would that work? It wouldn't make the present unrecognizable, would it? (Just kidding.)

And yet, my move is back on. Houston, we are go for launch. Seriously, I think is an almost classic example of mixed feelings.

One thing I have unmixed feelings about is my head, which has been pain-free the whole damn day. How about that? It's so fabulous, words can not express.

Finally, for something completely different:

I know this doesn't narrow things down much, but if you are a woman in today's society, or if you know one, you must read this.

Oh, you want to know why? Isn't the pleasure of discovering a fun new blog enough? Well, it's inspiring and well-written and fun. Will that do it?

No? You're not hooked yet? Try this:
Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female".

So go on, read it, and let me know what you think.

(This is my first post that passed the spell-checker first try. Huh.)

1 comment:

  1. "Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female"."

    Oh hell yes. That was a great post, thanks for the link! And good luck on condo repair. Mixed feelings...oy, yeah. I don't think anyone could have *un*mixed feelings in a situation like that.

    ReplyDelete