boooooooooooooooo
I really wanted to write today about how the elevator work had started! And how excited I was!
Instead, since there was no sign of work by this afternoon, I emailed the condo board to ask for an update, and they said the installer had a burst appendix and had to be rushed to the hospital. They're working on getting another installation team here, "hopefully this week."
Now, I don't want to be unsympathetic to this person. I sincerely hope he is okay, and recovers well.
But also: Is this building on haunted ground? Has someone laid a curse on it? Maybe it was built with a 30-something-year good-wishes spell that wore off?
I don't think it's that last one. Things have gone wrong in the building before. But not like THIS.
I gasped! Not just an appendix but a burst one! Poor guy!
ReplyDeleteAnd so achingly close to resolution on the whole thing. Man. I am so sorry.
Well, that just sucks. For everyone, really. But I'm here to support YOU, so your suckage level is paramount. Honestly, what an imposition, and to carry on for SO LONG. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was trying to be clear that the appendix guy does have a valid complaint.... BUT so do I! It's my blog and I'll whine if I want to.
Delete