A few months back, one of my favorite authors announced a special edition set of one of her series, one I loved, and I decided I wanted to own it.
The author is AJ Sherwood, and she writes many different series, some with slight overlap, usually but not always fantasy, and I love (almost all of) them. She is very prolific and regularly updates on social media regarding where she is with which projects, which is also fun to follow along.
The series in question is a romantic fantasy trilogy, kind of: the first two books are in order and focus on one couple, and then the third is kind of a companion piece alongside the second, with the main focus on other characters. I've read it multiple times and own the ebooks, but not print copies. Until now!
From here, be warned, there are spoilers for the contents, which included some ephemera and a surprise item.
The set arrived in this fun box:
Pretty inside as well as out.
The books themselves had tissue around them, and a seal.
They had actually bumped around inside the box, tearing the tissue, but no damage was done to the books.
Spines:
Painted edges (at top and bottom as well):
Lovely dust jackets:
But also pretty under the cover:
Rule One - When giving orders, said orders must be more than a location.
It matches the painted edge:
And it fits neatly inside, but, really? What is it? I guess you could use it as a bookmark, though I would rather use the postcard, which is a little stronger.
Opened the vacuum bag and found a blanket of the cover images!
Which made for a very cozy reading experience.
All in all, this set made and makes me very happy.






















How cool! They took the theme of curling up with a good book seriously. What a great set!
ReplyDeleteI love ALL OF THIS. Everything is beautiful. You've said you read these several times- are you rereading them again now?
ReplyDeleteI am! In no rush, between other reads. Nearing the end of book one.
Delete