Monday, August 24, 2026

Getting Things Done. Not Exciting Things. But Things. Done.

On Friday, I started making a list of things I could do over the weekend, since without a list, I tend to drift through free time and that is pleasant but unproductive. Sadly, life requires productivity some of the time! Thus, list.

I did pretty well at the list. Probably the biggest one was that I bit the bullet and booked my flights to Syracuse, choosing neither the way-too-short nor the ridiculously long layovers, and also reserved a rental car. I went directly through Budget, since the last two times I've rented a car, it's been from them, but the lines to pick up were silly-long, so I'm hoping their claim that it's quicker that way will come to fruition; stay tuned.

In other news, so far the being-without-a-dishwasher situation isn't as bad as I was afraid it would be. We're taking the time* to figure out exactly what we want, which after the obvious (I assume that all new machines made these days will do a decent job of washing dishes) are that it be quiet, not the most expensive, and Mom wants it to be white. 
*The we-assume-no-one-will-carry-it-up-five-flights-of-stairs time, that is.

For the noise question, I watched a video on relative decibels in order to see how much difference it really made (this one, chosen at random, but gave me the info I was looking for). Essentially, all the new machines will be quieter than our old one (which, as a reminder, Mom got in 2009), so we're not super worried about the decibels. Wanting it to be white is actually helpful at narrowing the field, since stainless seems to be much more common. So we'll go from there. We stopped in at Lowe's yesterday to look at what they had, and see if any design features in particular struck as us being important, and agreed that the only thing is we don't want a handle that sticks out; the kitchen is not big enough for that, and neither of us is interested in having perpetual bruises.

I will leave you for today with this from Lowe's:


Love a rainbow!

No comments:

Post a Comment