Friday, August 24, 2018

Hard-to-Find Books

I was quite interested to see this story on the annual "Most Searched For Out-of-Print Books" list; as usual, it is mostly full of books I am not interested in personally, but I still find the view into this world of books a fun one. For instance, I worked in a bookstore when the Madonna book came out, and it never once occurred to me that the book having metal covers "means that this book won't rust."

There was one book listed that I do own, and in fact am very fond of: #10, Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman. It's a series of bookish essays, and very enjoyable too. See if your local library carries it.

Any others on the list that you have? Or that interest you in one way or another? Let me know, give me something to read while I contemplate fixing the knitting I screwed up at the LYS knitting group last night. Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment