Monday, December 04, 2017

Look at the Pictures Instead

I can't say I had a great weekend, though that was an internal thing, nothing to do with actual events, which were mostly fine-to-positive. And since this morning at 8 AM, I was thinking what an awful day it already was, let's not talk about today, either.

Instead, a few random photos from spending yesterday in Salem, on the holiday house tour. And let me put in a word for Bambolina, where we ate after touring, and I had a really delicious pizza. Highly recommend if you are in Salem.

A glimpse of the TARDIS-painted switch box.
A musically minded car.
Apparently there used to a self-guided walk in this district that had these plaques in the sidewalk, as well as other signs to follow.
That was a nice screened porch.
And quite the large yard, with views of other gorgeous houses.
A generally lovely entry (not on the tour, actually), and look at the side glass panels!
Not an actual photo from the tour, since they don't want you taking photos inside the houses, but I saw this sign in one house and loved it.
And probably my favorite bit of the day, a fountain filled with cranberries.
As we discussed, it's quite a narrow window of time when you can get the cranberries, and not have the fountain freeze, but still, a charming decoration.

Here's to a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment