Friday, September 15, 2017

Shifting Back to Normal Life

My mother flew down to Florida today, and is on her way home. According to reports, she may need to replace her garage door, which is on the side of the building that essentially got scoured by the hurricane (fortunately, not the side her condo is on), and there are roof tiles down, and exit signs, and the globes over outside lights; mostly that level of things. The building has power (which means air conditioning), and water (under a boil order), and the most inconvenience sounds like it will come from waiting for the elevator to be repaired. She can deal. We'll see if more is revealed, but for now we are still firmly in the "so lucky, could have been so much worse" camp.

As for me, I finished the work week with a sigh of relief, and have been hanging out this evening, knitting, with Carlos. (Happily, the rain that passed over us did not include boomers, a trend I hope continues.) We may not quite have normality yet, but we're close. I mean, I have my annual mammogram tomorrow, and I don't know how much more prosaic life can get (preemptive wince).

Speaking of knitting, I'm too tired for details tonight, but here are a few teasers. This, started on the airplane:
And this, finished.


1 comment:

  1. I meant to tell you Sunday that Cara LOVED the baby blanket and hats - they were the hit of the shower. Thank you again so much my friend!

    ReplyDelete