Thursday, September 21, 2017

Doing My Best

I not only want to write about the trip to California, I still very much intend to, but it won't be happening tonight. I have just enough of a headache to dampen things like coherence and ... I just paused to try to decide what else it's dampening, and thought about typing "everything," which I think sums it up.

Let's just say that, for one example, when I read in my current report that something is "wrought with a higher risk of failure"--well, I knew that was wrong, but it took me a little bit to realize that he meant "fraught" instead of "wrought." They are different words. They rhyme. They are not interchangeable. But I had to look them up to make sure they meant what I thought they did. (Which they did. Happily, the headache isn't that bad.)

So here are a few random things.

  • I had my regular appointment at the dentist last night; I've been going there maybe, I don't know, two years? and only last night did the hygienist and I realize that we are in the same water aerobics class. (I thought she looked awfully familiar for someone I only see twice a year, and not for the last 20 years or anything.)
  • Carlos has had a few bad mornings this week, when he just can't get over the fact that I am working, and not in bed with him. Which is a little salt-in-the-wounds on the days that I would far prefer his idea; it just doesn't pay the bills. But he keeps nagging and nagging.
  • On the other hand, I have stopped giving in to his piteous, middle-of-the-night begging for me to lift him onto the bed, and he is jumping up once more, after only a few pathetic meows. So the world record for spoiled cat goes to someone else, for now.
  • Apple Festival is in two weeks! I hate that the weather is cooling off and it gets darker earlier, but hockey is coming back, and soon it's my birthday, and Apple Festival. Yay.
  • Then it's a month to Rhinebeck! This is one of those blessed years when there's a weekend between the two, which will make my October much smoother. (And, given how September is going, I'm going to need that.) This is my 8th time going, whoa (every year except 2015 since 2009), and only the second with the cushion weekend.
  • Tonight's Bruins game is on TV, hooray! This headache needs to go away, or at least not get worse. Don't harsh my hockey, head. Some more of the veterans are playing (Bergeron!), and I get to see them (radio just isn't the same).

Aaaannnd, that's all I have. Go Bruins!

No comments:

Post a Comment