Tuesday, September 19, 2017

I'm Getting a Reputation

But of all the reputations I might have, "person who will be glad to take any knitting needles (or yarn, or other supplies) from you" is certainly not the worst I could have. I left the chiropractor yesterday newly adjusted, and with this:
Just a random handful of needles (and one crochet hook), the sort of thing I've gotten handed down over the years from Grandma. I'm glad to have them; you never know when a specific size will come in handy. But the intriguing ones are the gold-colored ones, in the middle.
PLASTEEL NO. 3, it says; they appear to be plastic-coated steel, giving them both strength and flexibility. Number three is the size (US), but Plasteel knitting needles are unheard-of in Google-dom. Seriously, I can't find a thing. I turned to Ravelry, and found, in an old conversation about flexible needles, mention and a photo of what are clearly the same thing. But that's it: I can find nothing else. My Google-fu is usually decent! This is a puzzling situation. Any other ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment