Friday, July 22, 2016

Two Takes on a Shawl, in progress

As I mentioned, a few weeks ago, I cast on a  simple shawl, in the lovely shawl-striping yarn from Caterpillargreen. I worked on it a while, getting this far:
And paused; I thought that, though the striping is very cool, I wasn't loving the combination of garter and stockinette stitch. I didn't hate it or anything, but... especially on the side where you can see the bits of color in some of the grey ridges, I wasn't loving it.
(This may be a knitter thing; I understand if you don't see anything wrong with it.)

I thought about it; brought it to stitch and bitch to discuss it; and finally frogged it, and cast on again to try it all in stockinette. I just caught up to where I was before I ripped it out.
I think I like it better this way. We'll see how it goes, as it goes. I'm looking forward to the next color. And the next...

2 comments: