Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Can't Resist This One

Normally I don't like to get into politics much, here or in real life, with the exception of The West Wing, but in this case, I just have to bring up how at the first night of the Republican National Convention last night, Mrs. Trump decided to come out in favor of recycling, by giving a speech that liberally cribbed from Mrs. Obama's speech in 2008. And when I say liberally, well, I think this side-by-side comparison shows it best.



Honestly? That is pretty damning. Who ever thought that was a good idea? I just ... whoa.

(If you want more, and haven't watched Steven Colbert introducing the word "Trumpiness," it is well worth the watch. And be sure to note not just what he says, but what comes on screen as he says it--it's not just audio, but a very visual statement.)

No comments:

Post a Comment