Sunday, June 21, 2015

More Ups and Downs

To answer the burning question, yes, I did do laundry yesterday, but I also did other things.

I went for a walk. It was pretty.
And involved me getting off the couch, going out, and moving for 45 minutes. Go, me.

These vines twining together caught my eye.
And there were pretty flowers.
Then on a whim, I drove up to the north shore and had lunch at Woodman's. No photos of that, though I did see a truck with a huge tailpipe, what's up with that?
I refrained from going to Coveted Yarn, since yarn would have been too tempting (and I have plenty of loveliness, I don't feel deprived), but I did expand on the treat a bit.
After all, as the sign says:
So it was an overall good day. Still down moments, of course, but nothing major. And today I got the last of the laundry put away, a task I often postpone, and made brownies to take to a father's day gathering, and that was nice. I'm kind of feeling in the dumps now, for no particular reason, but it will pass. We can be sure of that.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the exercise you mention in the previous post - making sure to talk to yourself the way you would to a friend. I need to work on this.

    I am impressed you did laundry, honestly. When I have little structure (or any woe-like feelings whatsoever) in my life, it is the first thing to go :)

    ReplyDelete