Tuesday, June 09, 2015

Briefly, While Sweating

I did not ride the bike last night, but I've ridden it tonight (she said, distastefully). Here's hoping that a new seat is more comfortable. Owie.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of pictures to share. The first one was of a bush I noticed when stopped in traffic the other night.
I was puzzled that it seemed to be dying in the middle, healthy near the house, and thriving farther out. How, and why, was it dying only in the middle?

A little while later, though, I passed a similarly sized grouping that had three different colored flowers, and thought, a-ha! The one I photographed may have appeared to be a single bush, but in fact have been multiple bushes, of which one was dying. I think that's the most likely, but any other theories?

Second, stopped at a traffic light tonight, I saw this in my rear-view mirror (so it is a reverse view).
I happen to love driving barefoot, but if I tried to stick my foot out the window while driving, I think I would dislocate my hip. Perhaps it depends on the model of car?

Right, I want to get to bed sooner than later. I will leave the topic of my haircut for another time.

2 comments:

  1. I can't even do the prop-feet-on-dashboard thing while a passenger in a car. My knees would end up behind my head, and God knows I am not that flexible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the look of that bush, it's damaged from snow falling off the roof (or ice). I've seen similar damage from snow banks and it always bothers me when the the damage isn't pruned off.

    Was that person actually driving or was the car stopped? I don't think it's legal to drive that way but what do I know?

    ReplyDelete