Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Kick 2014 Out the Door

The good news is that we were let out of work at 3 today, the company's regular-but-unoffical-and-we-won't-say-it-ahead-of-time* habit the day before a holiday. The bad news is that this morning, as I was getting ready to leave for work, I did *something*, by which I mean nothing, that tweaked my left lower back/hip, which was then ouchy all day, and is so still. Sigh. Getting old, man. I've had some stiffness in my left shoulder for the last few months (chiropractor, and stretching, helps), and now this. I don't want to know what's next.
*Seriously, if they always do it, and they always do, I don't know why they can't admit it ahead of time. Instead they send out a self-congratulatory e-mail the morning of, for some reason.

And now it's New Year's Eve, which ... actually means little to me. It just isn't my holiday, and I don't mind a bit being in tonight, in sweatpants, preparing to knit and cat-cuddle and watch hockey. I fully expect to be asleep before midnight. I was happy to get out of work early, and to have a day off, and ... yeah, that's about it. I also don't subscribe to the theory that on 1/1 you should do only things you want to do in the coming year. It sounds like a great excuse not to do what you don't want to do, but I'm pretty sure I will have laundry in 2015 whether I do some on January 1st or not. Sleeping in, yeah, that I can always get into. Doing some knitting, cat cuddling, watching a movie maybe. Nothing big, which is fine. It's freakin' cold out; I'll stay in.

And on Friday, the six of us who are planning to be in, are planning to go out to lunch. So that will be nice.

Maybe I'll feel more look-forward, look-back tomorrow. Right now, I just want to go get my back comfortable. And oh please, let the Bruins play tonight like they did on Monday. Fingers crossed, so hard.

Happy New Year, y'all. See you in 2015!

...man, can you believe it's 2015 already? Do you know the webcomic Doghouse Diaries? You shouldn't miss today's.

1 comment: