Friday, July 11, 2014

Work Thoughts, Friday Whew

A few work notes:

The company is moving to the new office space in a couple of weeks; we've been down the hall to see the new space (it's big! and bright), and they're working out all the details of who goes where. It isn't finalized yet, but it does seem I will be in a cube, not an office, which isn't a huge deal but is, I will admit, a slight disappointment. ​


​Oh well. I didn't take this job to get my own office.​
 (Although, the writer gets an office and the editors don't? Hmmm.)​


I am hoping I won't be too close to the kitchen space, since we got a new coffee machine this week, and it is not quiet. The thing is about six feet tall, it makes all kinds of coffee drinks, it grinds the beans ... not quiet. They installed it on Tuesday, and my head was not thrilled with it. We'll see about that as well.​


​ A new editor started in the office this week, and I'm happy to say we get along, which is very helpful and hopeful. She's younger, I'd guess late 20s, friendly, open to learning, all that good stuff. She's even a hockey fan, if not a Bruins fan (Philly; at least it's not Montreal). There was one day when we shared an only-editors-care-about-that things, and the other guy in the office said, "Did I just witness an editors' geek-out moment?"​ And we told him yes, he did.


*****
This has been a weird week for me, with the migraine and all. I feel like I lost track of time, and I don't know what day it is. I mean, trust me, I know it's Friday! But, the 11th? I feel like it's the 7th, maybe. 

It didn't help that I was more social than productive last weekend, and I have a few social things this weekend, too, so I need to manage my time a bit better. Like, scheduling when I will do laundry, instead of leaving it loose. So I'm doing it tonight. Woo. Still, good to get it off my back. I also got the car inspected after work, another thing not to think about getting done. So many things. So many, many things. But at least it's Friday.

1 comment:

  1. You have a FLYERS fan for a co-worker now!? Will wonders never cease? ;)

    I hope your new cube will be O.K. I should send you my poster of a cat sitting in a window. It's a nice illusion of having a window. Or a cat at work.

    ReplyDelete