Sunday, July 27, 2014

Here and There, Quote and Share

Yesterday I got a bunch of stuff done, both at home and abroad. Laundry, pay the bills, shop for this and that, things.

Today, I both ran the dishwasher AND emptied it! And put away some of the laundry on the drying rack. And ... there must be something else, it's 6 PM...

Well, you can guess which day was the headache day, can't you. It's been up and down; right now it's not bad except that the back of my neck and my shoulders feel like someone snuck in and injected them with concrete. (Was that you? Why would you do that? Stop doing that!)

All right, so maybe I'm a little loopy. All I'm going to try to do here-and-now is share some things I've seen and read around. I should be up to that.

Hockey fans, have you ever wondered what the "strangest, funniest, or just plain saddest direct quotes from each NHL franchise’s current Wikipedia page" were? Neither had I, but that was a lot of fun to read! Buffalo's might be my favorite, though Florida's is also good.

While we're on hockey ... As Puck Daddy noted in sharing this clip, "this excellent video is from 2010, but it's still amazingly topical" given the recent NHL 2014-15 schedule release.



Can't stop snickering at the Phil Kessel part...

But there's more than hockey stuff. honest. Like cat stuff! Do you read the blog of The Bloggess? If not, you may have missed this utterly amazing cat house. Even if you're not a cat person, if you're a Star Wars fan, click on it now!

Speaking of Star Wars, do you know any couples who need the Han and Leia mugs?
Have to say I love a bunch of stuff in that Etsy shop, such as the Mr Tea mug, but it's this I just bought for a friend.
(via Boing Boing)

And speaking of cats (op cit), Robyn of the blog Love & Hisses takes amazing photos of their cats and the kittens they foster, but even so, this one blew me away:

I mean, right? The in-the-air moment in the background?

And then she put up this one, and I wanted to invite myself over for a kitten snuggle-nap.
Alabama is a bit far to go, I guess.

But hey, I may not have that, but I have this, as I posted on Facebook earlier today:
I had Miri for over four years, and she never got better than "very, very wary" around me. If you've read here long, you know what she was like.

Belmont has been here seven weeks, and she likes to curl up next to me and purr herself to sleep. Plus, she lets me rub the belly. 


This is what you call a win. Agreed? Yes, she still hisses at Carlos sometimes, and when I have a headache, her screech of a meow is what you might call trying, but, you know, come on. This is a nice cat.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Belmont. Yes, she's a good cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, the bed full of cats reminds me of the night my sister and I spent at our cousins' New Hampshire farm--we stayed in our one cousin's room and when we woke up, we were delighted to find cats in bed with us, and others wandering in and out of the room! We were happy girls.

    ReplyDelete