Thursday, May 22, 2014

...Not Stressed?

It's been kind of weird this week to have my elevated stress levels drop into the normal range. Knowing that my time at the current job is finite makes it easier to shake off annoyances there, and I haven't started really fussing about starting the new job yet (that will probably pick up next week), other than to consider my work wardrobe with a fresh eye. But instead of trying to fit in applications and interviews, and so on, and angsting about not hearing at this stage or that, as well as with the removal of Bruins stress, it's been ... peaceful.

Hockey-specific-ly, I'm kind of watching the remaining games, but in a half-assed way. Certainly, not staying up late for them, but also not bothered by that. I had the Chicago-LA game on last night, and when Chicago scored to make it 2-0 in the second period, I turned it off (mostly because I hate those frigging horns, not just Chicago's, but everyone's). When I read this morning that LA came back to win 6-2, I was surprised, and impressed, but not a bit upset that I missed it. I mean, it would have been fun to watch, but I was tired, and the valued the sleep I got far more. Tonight is NY-Montreal, and I'll have that on, but again, likely won't make it to the end. I'm okay with that. (Although, go Rangers.)

Carlos has requested a place in the photo of the day, and who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment