Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Little Bit of Other

I officially start the new job on June 2, so that's set. It would have been nice to have a little time in between, but honestly, I'm not complaining. The number of times at work recently that I have been able to take a deep breath and think, "Short-term problem" at some irritant ... it's worth it. Seven more work days.

Meanwhile, there are actually other things going on in my life. I know, I can hardly believe it either! I don't mean that anything (else) big and life-changing is happening, just that there are other things I would have blogged about recently had The Whole Job Thing not entirely taken over. (I have a list, actually.)

For instance, I'm off to do some knitting: last night I got the second bike sock done to the kitchenering, so I'm going to finish that (yay!) and start the next bike sock. Also, the current purse sock needs half its gusset stitches picked up, and then I'm going to try casting on the two-in-one socks again. I tried last night and goofed something up, but not in an "I'm never doing this!" way, just in a "go to the bathroom before you start next time, moron, so you don't put it down in the middle of something and then pick it up backwards" way. Wish me luck with take two!

In reading news, I just read the most recent of Ben Aaronovitch's Rivers of London series, and quite enjoyed it. If you think the idea of a police novel with magic sounds good (CSI + Harry Potter, one of the covers calls it), I recommend that you pick up Midnight Riot (Rivers of London, if you're in the UK), in which our hero is just your average copper in London until the night he interviews a witness who turns out to be a ghost, and learns how much more there is to the world. Very entertaining.

And finally, here is your random photo of the day.
I was sure they'd correct it before I could get a photo ... but it's been up for about two months, so ... not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Construction or constipated vehicles? Considering the way construction seems to just drag on and on and on, maybe they DO mean adead!

    ReplyDelete