Thursday, February 13, 2014

Ups and Downs, Generally and Of Cats

Today was mostly fine, but this evening I am Ms. Mood-swing. I've been snacking all day, but I am late eating dinner and hoping it will help stabilize me.

While the cats are not yet fully, peacefully integrated (drat), they have had their good moments. This afternoon I got on the bed with Carlos, as he was in a posture suggestive of being rattled, and I was petting him and telling him he's wonderful when George joined us. I feared for the worst, cat-integration-wise, but George just settled down calmly, Carlos didn't panic, and I stayed there for a while, telling them both how good they were.

Eventually I had to get up because my arms had gone to sleep. I was sure that George would get up when I did, but he stayed there long enough for me to come back with the camera. Proof!
Later, he went back to the couch, and Carlos took to the other side of the bed.
Best of all, tonight I went into the bedroom again and realized they were close by choice, all peaceful.
I know, hard to tell. By the time I got the flash turned on, George was coming to see what I was up to.
I get stressed when Carlos does, which makes me feel like this might not have been a good idea. But moments like this remind me to give it time.

2 comments:

  1. This is actually really good news. One of the places I was checking, when I brought Dewey home, was to allow up to 4 months for integration. It actually ended up taking about a month for everyone to settle down. Just give it time, things appear to be going well.

    Hehe. The captcha for today is "roses". Happy Valentine day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're practically cuddling in that last picture! That's really promising!

    ReplyDelete