Friday, February 21, 2014

Good Anticipation, and a Question Postponed

You know how I love to have something good to look forward to? Well, I had a light-bulb moment this morning that led somewhere good for that.
Recently, my mother asked if I thought I could get down there for a quick visit (for my own sake, to get out of this endless winter)(seriously, I go to Florida for a mid-winter pick-me-up during that mild winter two years ago and don't plan a trip this year, how does this happen), and I said regretfully that I didn't see how, partly from the cats, who were still in first-fortnight-drama, and partly because we're busy at work. The cats are doing better every day, which is good, though they're not quite there, but there's still work, we've got about five reports waiting ... and then this morning, driving in, I thought: laptop. Laptop! I can work from anywhere with wi-fi. And in a few weeks, the cats should be in even better shape...

So I asked my boss today, and she had me run it by her boss, and, well, I have to schedule around some immovable calendar events, but how does a week in Florida in March sound?* A working vacation is still something of a vacation! And did I ever need something to look forward to, amid the snow and ice and slush and general blech of February.
*The correct answer is that it sounds fan-fucking-tastic, by the way.

I was going to posit a cat-related question or two to your collective wisdoms, but I suddenly hit the Wall of Tired*, and can't find the coherent (it was just here), so I think that will wait until tomorrow. When I will also show you how the first duck bootie is coming along, and possibly flash some stash enhancement. Fun times--and the sun is supposed to shine! Now there's something a little sooner to look forward to. I hope you, too, have something good coming your way.
*I just double-checked to make sure I didn't type "car-related"!

1 comment: