Monday, February 25, 2013

Ow. Not the Head, At Least, But Ow.

When I woke up this morning, Carlos was sleeping with his head firmly planted on my hand. Give the boy credit: he knows how to make me even less interested in getting out of bed. Aiding him in this was the fact that my legs hurt, making moving at all an unappealing option.

Yeah, the legs. It's very random, but last night my legs started aching, specifically the backs of my thighs, and it's so painful, and so weird because what did I do? I thought I achieved a decent balance of "laze around" and "get things done" yesterday, but perhaps I did too much? Ten minutes on the bike, which isn't that much or new for me, some stretching but not unusual amounts, laundry (meaning stairs) but again, I do that every week, so what's up? Cooking and doing dishes require some standing, but honestly not much... Maybe it was just all of it together, but I hope it's a one-day thing, because ow. Also, ibuprofen doesn't seem to be helping. Also also, OW! I'm trying to tell myself that it isn't as bad tonight, and is therefore going away, but I don't know...

Distraction! I got two good things in the mail today: my new Discover card and a save-the-date card for a wedding this summer. I was pleasantly surprised to see the latter, as I've known the bride for years but we're not super-close, and I wasn't sure how big the wedding was going to be, so I didn't know if I'd make the cut. I mean, I totally would have understood if I hadn't! But I'm happy to go and celebrate with them, too, so that's nice. (What should I knit them?)

As for the Discover card, my new account number is not completely awful: it contains both a 42, my favorite number, and a 68 (the year I was born), so I have a (small) chance of learning it. Probably I won't, but oh well, it's not hopeless. 

Unfortunately, my legs still hurt. So much for thinking of other things. Time to think of getting ready for bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your legs hurt--did you wear different shoes?

    Carlos was trying to keep you home, huh? He knows what's to his advantage.

    ReplyDelete