Thursday, March 17, 2011

Circular But Not Round

(The title on this post came from a conversation I had this morning with Carlos. I sat on the futon, and he raised his head to watch me. "You're looking at me, and I'm looking at you," I observed. "It's very circular." Then I thought more about it, as much as I am capable of rational thought at that time of day [hint: not much], because although the action was circular in one sense, it was straight back and forth in another. Therefore: not round.)(Aren't you glad I don't blog in the mornings? Imagine how that would go.)

Craigslist had a posting this morning for a job for a native Dari speaker.

I had to look up where they speak Dari (did you know? it's Persia).

I will not be applying for that job.

And are the gas prices crazy where you are? (How's that for a segue?) A month or two ago, I was paying around $3 a gallon, and today I was looking for under $3.50; I ended up paying $3.39, which was an extra-big bargain after seeing $3.85 a few miles earlier. Wow!

I went to the dentist on Valentine's Day and the neurologist on St Patrick's (migraine follow-up). I don't have anything scheduled for April Fool's day yet, but will that change?

Next: why does it have to be 65 degrees today, and forecast the same for tomorrow which is a Friday (when I'm again inside all day), and only 45 on a Saturday, when I could be out enjoying nice weather?

In related news, the answer is today. The question, you may recall from back in ever-snowing January, was, When will the snow in the driveway actually melt? There is a damp patch where the last of it was, to which I say yay!

I am surprised it was this early, actually, but of course if February had been like January (and there was nothing to say it wouldn't be), we'd still be waiting. As of now, there are plenty of filthy-snow-piles around, but mostly in areas that were plow piles, or don't get much sun, or both.

Finally, happy St Patrick's day from the NHL:

2 comments:

  1. Conversations with cats are sometimes the best conversations of the day. However, I was a little thinking you were going to describe CARLOS in those terms. But "not round" might make the vet happy.

    The average price of gas around here is $3.59. I don't want to think about it.

    I think that last name is spelled "O'Vechkin" on St. Paddy's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I was a little thinking"? Boy, it's been a long day!

    I meant to strike that "a little."

    ReplyDelete