Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Back in the Saddle Again

It is pretty darned weird to have bug bites under my turtleneck, and sunburn under my boots.

After all, on Monday, I wore a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.

Today, I wore a turtleneck under a long-sleeve shirt under a sweater, with long johns under my slacks, and low boots. I was a little warm at work this afternoon, but I was cold this morning, so it evens out.

I wore my coat for the first time this season, and gloves, which I was glad to have as I scraped frost off the car windows this morning.

Work was fine, not a rough re-entry, just steady busy all day. Suits me! The boss says the job will last at least through Christmas, if not longer, which is good to know. And I got my first paycheck, noticeably larger than I was getting, which is also good.

And! The Bruins are up 3-0 after one period in Buffalo. Shorty for Brad Marchand (his first NHL goal), shorty for Patrice, they're looking good, I look forward to the rest of the game (and getting into bed 3.7 seconds after the final horn sounds).

I did have to frog the double-knit hat. Checking my suspicions that it was too big, I put it on waste yarn so I could try it on, and it fell over my eyes. I could get it to stay on the head, but there was way too much give to it. That's okay, though. I only had two inches done (though essentially on two hats' worth). It's good practice in double knitting, and this time I will use a stitch marker at the beginning of the rounds, to see if I can improve on my wonkiness in that area.

Meanwhile, the sock is into toe decreases. Tra la la. Off to the second period!

No comments:

Post a Comment