Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Okay, Okay, Some Rhinebeck Details

I didn't mean to sound like a tease about Rhinebeck, honestly. I had a wonderful time! I took over 200 photos (granted, some of them will be deleted, being of blurry sheep). I stayed on budget, not going to a credit card once, a feat of which I am quite proud (though I did only have $3.31 left in my pocket at the end). The drive home was snowy and unpleasant and took 4 hours instead of 3*, but even so I'm glad I went, and if at all possible will go again next year.

*Really, the first hour was fine, but after that...

Wanna see?

Right at the start, I knew we were in the right place.


A peek at the haul from day one (the yarn will get its own, detailed post another time):


I saw llamas:


Alpacas:


Rabbits:


Horses:


Goats:


Sheep, of course:


And sheep dogs:


The Ravelry party was fun, and the goody bags a treat.


The trees were very beautiful, even without full sun.


I was happy that the weather was not as bad as forecast! Day one was certainly cool and gray, and day two had some spitty rain, but nothing much, and none of the white stuff. I was adequately layered (though I did get a little tired of un-layering and re-layering), and the Big Honkin' Boots kept my feet warm and dry.

In other word: fun. And I have SO many more photos to show you!

Better now?

In other news:
This morning didn't start off too well. I thought that my vacationing coworker was back today, but she's not back until tomorrow. It's probably a good thing that my boss walked away from my desk right after she laughed* at my disappointment. I am really ready not to be the only person she can get to do things for her. She's very good at delegating, which is actually a good thing for a manager (I'm no good at it myself), but I would like to work on what I already have for a little while.

*Just a little bit, but jeez, kick me when I'm down.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow for the pain in my thumb/wrist. It's really been bothering me a lot, and Something Needs to be Done. I saw the nurse-practitioner last month, have been taking ibuprofen, wore a splint for a few weeks, but no matter how I try, I can't seem to avoid the random movements that cause the pain. It isn't repetitive motions that get me: I can knit, I can type. But reach to pick up a cup, or for a blanket, or to pick up a cat, and wham.

After a couple of people at work asked if it was tendinitis, I consulted Dr. Google, and from what I found it sounds likely. One test is to make a fist with the thumb inside the fingers, then tilt the wrist toward the little finger. If I do that on the left hand, I can feel a pull down my wrist, but it's only mildly uncomfortable. If I try it with the right, OW! So we'll see what the actual doctor says.

My stew is in the oven, though not in the new stock pot, I had my recipes crossed. I'll make chili this weekend, and applesauce (separately, in case that needs saying), and baptize the stock pot then.

The Bruins are down by one. I need to go root, root, root for the home team.

2 comments:

  1. Well, those pictures you posted look great. I think you can always tell you had a fun time if it's especially rough when you go back to work. Sorry to hear about your hand problems, though. Keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the snow on Sunday; that was "fun" to drive home in, I'm sure. It was bad enough just around town. I went to a friend's and changed from rain at the bottom of her hill to 2" of snow on the ground when I got to the top.

    Let's hope they can do something for the tendinitis. I hate my "tennis elbow" and imagine your problem is even worse.

    ReplyDelete