Tuesday, October 06, 2009

A Bright Side (Looking Hard)

The other morning, in my usual AM daze, I saw this sky.


Almost--almost--worth being up for.

This morning, my boss was talking to me and the other person in our department about a(nother) new ongoing project, which we are to work on in our "down time". She used the phrase about 5 times, and I don't know how she could keep a straight face.

I have at least two other long-term projects for my "down time", a state I can only achieve by not doing other work I also need to do.

She later sent out an e-mail about the project, that I would be starting it today, and that we would work on it in any down time we might have. Which is it? Am I starting today, or am I waiting until I have "down time"? Because it could sit on my desk for months before that happens naturally. (Spoiler: I started today. And good thing, since before she left for the day, she asked how much I had done.)

Down
Time

"You keep using that word ... I do not think it means what you think it means."

1 comment:

  1. Uh oh, this doesn't sound good. Would it be possible to ask her to clarify * in writing* what she means exactly by down time?

    And to quantify the time you should alot to down time from your eight hour day?

    Sounds like previous employees had been slackers. I'm certain you are not one of these. Tough spot to be in, and I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete