Friday, August 28, 2009

More weird and wonderful Florida

The sock-in-progress has now been worked on in Florida. In the car, in fact.





Slow and steady wins the race.

I started the foot plain, guided by Charlene Schurch's invaluable Sensational Knitted Socks, planning to do something of a pattern on the leg. I'm thinking of using the one in the Spring Forward socks from Knitty. One of my knitting group friends made them and they're really pretty, and look like the making of them won't drive me around the bend. We'll see. Progress reports as and when progress is made.
Now some shopping shots. This is a lamp. Really.

This one is too, perhaps more obviously.


Doesn't every store have a shell tree outside?


My mother is now a card-carrying bionic woman. Proof!


Apparently at Publix, shopping is a pleasure if you're not scared of whales.


Or sea turtles.


He looks grumpier than Crush in Finding Nemo. Still, I can hear him in my head: Whoa, dude, Mister Turtle is my father. The name's Crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment