Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How smart are the pets?

I stopped on the way home tonight to buy cat food; don't I live an exciting life? Actually, it was a good bargain-shopper experience: the bigger-than-I-usually-buy bag of cat food was on sale from $38.99 to $30.99, and I had a coupon for $10 off a $40 purchase (new store opening), so I got some canned food and some toys for free.

I chose a couple of furry balls, and a catnip ... banana.


Point one: I know you can hardly see the black and gray balls on the table. I would take another photo of them, but I can't, because point two, as soon as I opened the package to photograph it, I had two cats meowing to know what I had. Apparently that banana is some potent catnip. So the toys are currently in use.

I saw something utterly bizarre in the store, too. I know: more bizarre than a catnip banana? Yes. Look at this:


The box isn't telling you you'll never touch or breathe, by the way: you'll never touch, breathe, or buy cat litter again. Yes, it uses washable crystals. Seriously. They call themselves, "The world's only self-flushing, self-washing cat box," and I bet that's true, don't you?

Of course, there's also this feature:


Amazing, isn't it?

P.S. Three days to vacation!

3 comments:

  1. Amazing, isn't it? $300 for a porta-potty... Tux is using scooping wheat or corn based litter which is something I never used before. Maintenance wise, it's easier.

    And congrats on having cats that like catnip. Mine does not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...vacation...

    I have been back only a day* and it hardly feels like I have been gone at all. I hope yours lasts longer!

    *But the 3 days I got were FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete