Thursday, February 05, 2009

Love of a good book leads me to library crime

Well, library misdemeanor, perhaps. But I take library due dates very seriously! I virtually always return books on or before the due date!

Except this time. I've been listening to The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and I had to finish it. Had to! Even though it was due last Saturday (ulp) and someone had a request in for it (double ulp), I just couldn't bring myself to do it.


I read the book back in November, on the advice of a friend, and it was wonderful. Charming. Delightful! Then I read a review of the audio that said it was a wonderful version, so I had to try that. And it is! It's read by several people, and they do a marvelous job. It's the audio equivalent of "can't put it down".

I'm on the last disc, so it will be back to the library by this weekend. My fine is currently up to 25 cents! Terribly worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Based on your recommendation I just went into the CWMARS (Central/ Western Mass Regional Services) site and ordered this audio book from the Worcester Public Library delivered to my home library (New Salem) when it's available. Technology is so great!

    How are Herself and Harold doing? Have you come up with a name yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too funny! We had major late books, I forgot about them after the ice storm (oops). They sent me a registered letter, they do not play around here. Off to look into this... I have been wanting more audio books in my life.

    ReplyDelete