Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Even More Than the Warm...

... I miss the sun.

Day before yesterday, I was enjoying the sunshine as we ate lunch outdoors, and I was wearing shorts and flip-flops and a sleeveless shirt. (I got a little too much sun, even, not that it felt that way, giving me pink on my face and pink-and-red on my arms. They're a little tender, but not painful.)

This morning, it was back to layers'n'long johns and clearing 3+ inches of wet snow off the car before I could leave for work. Then it poured rain All Day Long. Tonight, it will freeze and render the world an ice rink.

Hmm.

From the way I feel about this (hint: not happy), it appears that it is not a coincidence that two different people have asked me this winter, in all seriousness, "Why do you live here?"

I struggled to conceal my high crankiness level all day, because let's face it, the nicest coworker out there isn't going to care that you're annoyed at having to return to work after several days off, let alone several days in Florida in February (getting away from Massachusetts in February, about which dirges have been written). Were the roles reversed, I wouldn't care. But boy, was I cranky.

Note: to the driver who cut me off on the way home*, if you noticed my lips moving, it was because I was singing along to the radio. Yeah, that's it. Although I will admit that some of the words I used were not in that song. Like "Learn to drive" and "Get off my road", for example. Among others.

*One of several, actually. Idiots seem to run in groups. Or as I frequently mutter to myself while driving, "Stupid people on wheels."

So, what can I give you other than whining?

A strawberry that is all such a thing should be:


Fresh-squoze orange juice to be:


Some shells from walking on the beach:


A sunset that fell so fast, I ran for the camera:


Ahhhh.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you, with your warm-weather visit. That srawberry looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delightful and d'lovely and way too short, I agree. Traveling the roads today was beastly. Already I feel as if Florida was lights years ago...

    sigh...

    ReplyDelete