Monday, September 11, 2006

there's waiting ...

And more waiting.

I spent Friday waiting. I mean, I was working, I had work to do (thank heavens), but I kept waiting and wondering and waiting for something to happen with the P&S on the condo, and nothing much happened until the end of the day, when they agreed to do it all again on Monday (not exactly, but words to that effect). So I went home, and really had a pretty good weekend, in which I did not obsess about the condo. I thought about it, sure, but there's nothing I could do at this stage so I just let it be, and had a balanced relax/get things done weekend, with lots of lovin' on the kitties, who always want more mom-ing after I've been away.

And Monday morning I came into the office and found all Friday's emotions sitting at my desk, waiting for me. I was nervous and anxious and where's the Excedrin and the Tums?

Actually, I woke up at 1:30 this morning with a headache, so it isn't all the office. But still, I wasn't edgy about this over the weekend, and all day today I was. I couldn't wait for this to be settled, one way or the other, I want the condo but really, even more, I wanted something to be decided. I stood in front of the mirror this morning, combing my hair, and telling myself that at least tonight, I'd know.

And I do. At least, I signed the P&S today. The seller has to sign it, which should happen tomorrow, but supposedly she will, it's all agreed on.

So now I'm nervous in a different way. I have a lot to do! Should be interesting to watch me, folks, over the next few months. Anyone want to open a bet on when I'll crack?

Well, power of positive thinking and all that. Anyway, I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight. I'll just finish by saying the Ruffles scarf is being so much fun to knit, I can hardly get over it. It's too cute! It isn't really ruffly, it's more like a knit slinky, or maybe a spring. A spiral. I hope I'll enjoy wearing it, but I am totally enjoying making it. Fun!

Happy birthday, cuz!

1 comment:

  1. ccr - Came over from Stephanie's blog after reading your comment with link to the PW site, showing the pic of her in Portland. Loved seeing it, especially since they noted how many people attended. I'd guesstimated close to 200 in my blog, and was just tickled I actually got that close to being right. (Yes, strange sense of humor here. Plus I needed a giggle today - thanks much.)

    Nice blog! I'm a newbie at it too, and have gone through a lot of the same thinking, so enjoyed reading your start. Love the cats, too. Then snickered re the socks. I just succumbed myself. Those knitbloggers are tricky, aren't they? May you be a success!

    ReplyDelete