Sunday, August 02, 2015

A Very Different Month

I am expecting, not without reason I think, that August is going to be a very different month than July was for me, or from the mood of most of June, for that matter. June, at least from the 11th on, was primarily shock and disbelief. July was worry and waiting. August should be preparation and relief.

Some things about August:
  • Time for Fiber Revival again. I hope Saturday's weather is good!
  • Going to a wedding!
  • Not coincidentally, a lot of knitting is planned. That blanket, the spider, and I just promised a hat for someone with (very treatable) cancer, so .... get those fingers moving.
  • Swimming. See, there was a Groupon for the YMCA, $25 for 25 day passes, and I decided that I could make good use of them before I start work, when I'm free during the day, and get some exercise in. I will report back!
  • Office prep, such as buying a chair, clearing out "stuff" around the desk area, etc. And maybe some other clearing out, too; yesterday I went through and purged some books, and today I took in four bags to donate. I have more than a shelf cleared. That felt good!
  • And then it will be time to start working again. I'm not going to say I'm excited about this, because that isn't the right word, but it basically will be a relief to go back to normal levels of worry about financial matters. And hopefully I'll be able to manage to use some of my saved-from-commuting time for extra sleep, so the shift won't be such a shock to the system.
And I think that's how August will go. Remains to be seen, of course, but that's the view from here!

1 comment: