Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ketchup

Well, I've had a busy few days!

Monday was a beautiful day, which meant lunch outside was a must, given that I had plans to meet up with a recent-former coworker, one I hadn't seen since that good-bye dinner (I can't find where I wrote about that, did I? It was back in June, the company paid for one last dinner for everyone, at a NICE restaurant, and it was both pleasant and extremely weird). Anyway, we talked for a long time, about the total weirdness of this whole layoff thing, etcetera, and afterward she showed me a fun store nearby, and it was very enjoyable.

Later that day, I saw the chiropractor, back from his vacation, and when I asked him to work on my right shoulder, which has been randomly sore lately, he really worked on it, whew! Clearly it needed it, but man. It's still sore tonight, but everything is a process.

Then after that, I got a come-to-dinner invite from family friends, so I got two meals put in front of me on Monday, quite a deal. Always good to see friends and catch up, too.

Today's weather was pretty much the opposite, being cooler and rainy on and off all day, so that part was less pleasant. I went to a swim class at the Y this morning, trying the aqua stretch and tone, which is the one held in the deep end (you wear floating belts). I didn't like it as much as the low-impact water aerobics I tried last week; I had some trouble maintaining position the times when we were supposed to be staying in one spot, and moved too much when we were moving ... I had to come earlier today (this class is before the other one), so I figured I would try this one, but next time I would work out myself in the shallow end instead.

The reason I had to go earlier is that I had my unemployment follow-up this afternoon, which fortunately went very well. This was the one to bring back all your forms and show them that you're doing what you're supposed to, and I was lucky enough to be one of the first checked off, and it was pretty straightforward. Which means I should continue to get paid until I start working again, woo-hoo.

Then I went to the grocery store for a few things, and was home again and relaxing after all this activity when my friend suggested a movie tonight--we've talked about seeing the Minions movie for a while, but something has always come up. Tonight was the night! Before it was time to go over, I did some work on the computer, relating to the 401(k) roll-overs I've been dealing with, making sure I know where everything is. Progress is being made, albeit slowly.

And then it was movie time! The theater is one I've been going to since I was a kid, but apparently I haven't been in a while, and they've renovated and upgraded and it's got reclining seats and all that jazz. The popcorn was okay too, and the movie was fun! If you enjoyed Despicable Me, and like the minions (as who does not?), I recommend seeing it. If your home TV is big enough, you probably won't miss anything by waiting, but I do enjoy the big screen once in a while.

Time to think about bed, and what tomorrow will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment