Saturday, February 28, 2015

Cat Toothpaste, Closet Teaser

Sometime in the past (okay, here), I mentioned that I was looking at cat toothpaste on Amazon and was mightily amused that there was maple-flavored toothpaste, because seriously, for a cat? Why would they find that appealing? The one I bought, I believe, said in the description that it was malt flavor, but the package didn't say anything about flavor, and it was cheap enough that I was willing to try it. It doesn't even say it's for cats, just pets.
He loves it, and would lick it off my fingers. Not so fond of the brush on his teeth, though, unsurprisingly. At his vet visit in January, the tech suggested that if he didn't like the brush, which is supposed to be better at actually getting it on his teeth and not just in his mouth generally, I could try getting some dental treats and smearing some toothpaste on those, so he would be getting tooth involvement. I tried it, and he loves it (whew!), so just about every night he gets called for his treats, and gobbles them down.

As we're getting low in the tube, I went to Amazon to order more, and now, apparently, instead of being phantom "malt" flavor, it is phantom "peanut" flavor. Seriously. It says, "Natural peanut-flavored toothpaste encourages your pet's acceptance" as if that makes any sense at all. Have you even known a cat that eats peanuts? I'll order it anyway, and as long as he can't tell the difference, we'll be fine. (I am so tempted to check off the "it's a gift" box, I can't even tell you.)

I've been busy today, enough that my hands hurt, so I will leave you with before and after photos, and perhaps details will come tomorrow.

Kitchen closet before:
And the after, so far.
I'm still working on it, but you can see there's been improvement, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I bet Finn would eat peanuts. Finn will eat anything. Maybe I should try the toothpaste-on-treats thing...

    ReplyDelete