Sunday, February 15, 2015

Progressions

A few facts:
  • My hands hurt so much.
  • Mercifully, the head is better.
  • The snow stopped mid-day, after landing us with another 15 inches of snow, making this apparently now the third-snowiest winter on record. So far.
  • The wind has remained tremendous. The wind chills tonight are going to get to around -25, and will barely get above 0 tomorrow.
  • Then on Tuesday, guess what? Snow.
  • No, really. Snow on Tuesday.
  • And my hands hurt so, so much right now.
Let's look at a few progressions, shall we? Snow first. At just after 8 this morning.

At 12:30, after I took a short pass at the digging out. We hadn't been plowed out yet, and the wind was bitter; I was back inside in under 10 minutes.
At 3, after the plow came by.
Then at 4:30, before I went out again.
And at 5:30, aka "I am done for the day, ow."
My car is not the only snow progression. The building across the street went from "snow almost to the window":
To "snow over the windowsill":
What's that, you say? You'd like something more cheerful? Well, so would I. Here are the tulips at 8:20.
To 12:15.
To 4:30.
Aren't they lovely? I'm also smiling at the blanket, which I laid out earlier when I finished the first pattern repeat. It measures roughly 68 inches across, and the repeat itself is 9 inches and took almost 3 balls of yarn. I have plenty to go, but isn't it pretty?
The cables really stand out.
I'm really pleased with it. And considering the things in life that are combining to be annoying at me, having things to smile about is very good.

Right, Belmont?
"I don't see any snow."

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, I had to laugh, seeing your car snow-covered once more, after seeing all those pictures last week of shoveling it out. It's a Sisyphean task this winter, that's for sure!

    And we're getting snow tomorrow! Finally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is going to be spectacular.

    I'm trying to think of something encouraging to say about the snow and the only thing that won't get me banned from your blog seems to be "You're certainly getting in your exercise with all your shoveling lately. Perhaps you might be excused from the bicycle a night or two."

    ReplyDelete