Thursday, February 05, 2015

Feeling Random. Bullets It Is!

  • Weather first. It snowed some more this morning, not much for accumulation but the drive in to work was a little messy. It cleared this afternoon, though, and there was some sunshine this afternoon and pink at sunset, which was nice to see.
  • Apparently, that doesn't mean "warmth," though. It's going to be wicked cold tonight, in the language of the locals, and will feel in the negatives in the morning with the wind chill. Brrr.
  • But wait! It gets better! If by "better" you mean "worse," that is. On Saturday, it starts snowing.
  • And keeps snowing Sunday.
  • And again Monday.
  • Possibly into Tuesday morning.
  • How much, you ask? Well, for most of Massachusetts, they're saying "a foot plus," but in the northeast corner of the state? Add "possible ocean enhancement" to that, somehow, even though we're miles from the ocean. Riddle me that. 
  • Seriously, this is from Boston the other day. Where do we put another foot?
  • I know, they could be wrong about the amount. I just hope they're wrong in my preferred direction, and not in the "apocalypse snow" direction.
  • But I'm still going for groceries tomorrow night.
  • One good thing has come out of all this snow and office closures and all: laptops for editors. I don't have one yet, but they're supposed to be coming. What do you know? Reason! It's funny how the office being closed 4+ out of 6 days apparently made a compelling argument to the southern Californians.
  • What we did get today was instructions for remote access, as an interim measure. Tried it tonight and it didn't work, but it's a baby step in the right direction.
  • If we can get laptops tomorrow (they may or may not be already on their way) that would be great, since the first editing has started to trickle in, and we won't be in the office Monday, it seems sure, and probably not Tuesday as well.
  • Which figures, since I was supposed to have my annual review this Tuesday (day before yesterday, I mean), and it was rescheduled to next Tuesday. I'm not expecting anything bad to come of it, but I'd like to get it over with!
  • Right, off to make dinner, and my grocery list. Almost Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I simply do NOT understand why Boston is drawing all these storms away from Philly, when all we really want is a day or two of being required to stay put! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete