Sunday, March 01, 2015

More Closet Cleaning Detail Than Anyone Wants to Read

Oh, I am so tired. This has not been one of those weekends that leaves me feeling rested and ready for the week, which is a shame because I have a lot going on this week.

But for today: the laundry is done, and a ton of dishes, not least because I made soup, which led to more dishes. I took more stuff to donate, so that's out of the house, and I have even more to recycle than usual, so the snow we're getting tonight (oh, yes, it's snowing, did I mention that?) better not mess up the pick-up. Yesterday I had taken some more donations in, and loaded up on cat food, and got some groceries and other odds and ends. Lots done, at least, to account for all the tired I'm feeling.

There's still a bit left to sort through from the closet clean-out. I showed you the beginning and "end", yesterday, but here's the full progression.

And I do mean full, as in, full of crap.
To the left.
And up.
And over.
And down again.
You can see why I've been meaning to clear it out, right? Pity it took the possibility of mice nesting in there to get me moving. And in only about 10-15 minutes, it looked like this.
No signs of mice, by the way (thankyouthankyouthankyou). The only weird thing is this spot on the wall, which I have a vague recollection of seeing before, and which definitely doesn't open.
You can see in that photo that the inspector was looking at it, too. She's not worried either. She made a thorough inspection.
Then it was time to put things back in, judiciously. First I put the soda cans and recycling bin on this side.
But then I realized that blocked the hanging thing. (Oh, look, I forgot I have a sweeper!)
And moving that is too much trouble. No need. The cans and bin moved to the other side. No harm, no foul.
And the coats go back up.
The bag on the floor there actually does belong. That's what I use to collect cans in (Mass charges five cents per can, which you get back when you return them, so those get separated from the town recycling, in the green bin).

A few more judicious returns. One cooler (not three, ahem), and the stock pot (now on the stove, actually, full of soup), and the bins have tools and the like.
And I put the vacuum back in this closet; it was living in the linen closet, but that one also needs clearing out*, and it was getting in the way.
*Ow, no time soon...

So, while I still have things to go through, a lot of progress has been made, which is a good thing as I am tired all over, particularly hips and hands.

But when I need it, I sniff the latest plant, and feel a little better.
So far it's been a three-plant winter; I hope this is the last one I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment