Friday, February 13, 2015

Made It to Friday, Snow Edition

While I've had a mild headache most of the day, it does serve to remind me that this condition is not as common as it used to be, so hooray for that much. There's that bright side.

Also today? I got a laptop at work. Yay! Just in time to be snowed in again!

Kidding. Monday is a holiday*, and we'll probably be able to dig out by Tuesday. I guess that remains to be seen. I actually have a dentist appointment on Monday, so that is in more doubt, but again, we'll see. The snow is supposed to start, quietly, tomorrow afternoon, so I will be getting out of the house tomorrow morning to do a few errands before it gets bad. Like, blizzard warning bad, is what I mean by that.
*About which I am pleased, but not as excited as I would be had I not spent two of the last three Mondays at home, snowed in.
May I say that I am Quite Sick of scheduling my errands around blizzards? I am, truly. Three weeks of just a day or two between storms is way, way too much. With the head, and the not sleeping all morning, I probably won't watch tonight's Bruins game, since they're in Vancouver and it starts at 10 PM eastern time. Maybe the first period, in my PJs.

Vancouver, by the way, is in Canada, which I think of as generally being colder and snowier than here. I understand that it varies from place to place, but in general, wouldn't you say? Yet the Globe's hockey reporter, traveling with the team, shared this:

But back to trying to find a bright side that doesn't involve snow blindness, I came home tonight to an envelope with my name on it, containing a free book that I'm excited to read! Sometimes one lucks out. I will report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment