Friday, October 18, 2013

Quick: While I Remember Apple Festival

Right, as I mentioned yesterday, a few things from last weekend, quickly, while I get ready for this weekend!  (Oh, October.)
  • Grandma did like the gourds. In fact, she thinks they should be pictured in a magazine. I guess that's a win!
  • ​I showed her the stress ball that I knit, and she liked it so much that I gave it to her (I didn't call it a stress ball to her, but something I use to exercise my hands, and she started fidgeting with it just as I would). I'll make myself another, one of these days.
  • I bought another skein of some alpaca yarn I got there last year (the first yarn picture here). I still don't know what it's going to be, but now I have more, soft and pretty!
  • I got, or rather my aunt got for me as a birthday present, another piece in "my pattern" from the Sunny Day Pottery booth. This is a kitchen piece, which holds both the bottle brush I have that's always falling over, and a sponge. Obligatory crappy picture:
And a few pictures from the Fest itself, first from the same booth, stealthily taken:
Oh, that's what that dish is for: hordouvres. I should have known.

Love this sign, riffing on the keep calm thing:
And also this guy, in a booth that sold goat's-milk soap:
Guy carving giant pumpkin.
And, of course, pool ponies. Naturally.

Now! Pack we must!

1 comment:

  1. I love that. The only one of the "keep calm" variations I like. I'm heartily sick of seeing those things around but this one? This one I could do.

    ReplyDelete