Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Hippo Birdy to Meeeeee!

Over the last week or so, the leaves have been turning beautifully, and this morning was mostly sunny, so I could really enjoy them on my birthday. Mother Nature wishing me happy birthday!
So did Starbucks, mind you.

And the Google home page! I was surprised to see cake and candles when I opened it this morning, but there it was. For me!

And don't the Chinese think that 8 is a lucky number? Well, here's what my car passed this morning.
 
So that's like "happy birthday" in Mazda-speak, right? All sorts of friends sent me messages, cards and e-mail and Facebook and even text. And my best friend's mom made me steak, mashed potatoes, and peas for dinner, with a Pepperidge Farm coconut cake for dessert: my complete favorite meal at age 10, and still a favorite today. Just delicious--and she sent me home with leftovers.

I've been eating pumpkin seeds all week, too; I got about two cups out of those pumpkins. Happy fall! I do love this time of year. And particularly the smell in the air, and the trees that change color in stages.
 
Happy my birthday to you!

1 comment: