Friday, August 02, 2013

Happy Friday: Some Knitting Updates

Oh, Friday. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.

Well, not really, but a lot. For tonight, I think I'll count the knitting instead.

Now, there's the secret project I finished last week, and another secret project I did, and another I'm about to do (my goodness, I know a lot of Virgos), but I also have not-so-secret updates. For instance, the blanket I'm making for my friend who got married earlier this year, remember that? I started it in April? Of course, it's only not a secret because she doesn't read my blog. (That I'm aware ... I suppose if she does, then it isn't a secret.) Anyway, I'm finishing the next-to-last ball of yarn, meaning that the end is in sight, so I laid it out on the bed to get a look at it. It's looking good, if I do say so myself!
 
 
Can you believe I made that? I almost can't. It makes me think of this:
And that's a double bed, so it's a good size, which is what I wanted. I also like how the cables are coming out, since when I saw the pattern, I liked the idea of it as symbolizing the two families being woven together. Yay, one more ball to go!

On a very different note, here's something I started, and finished, today, knitting after work with friends. A stress egg/ball:
 Just hand sized.
I thought of making one recently (when the chiropractor had me lying down with my head tilted backward), that it would be nice to have something for those times when I can't knit. I took the pattern I used to make my grandmother Easter eggs a few years ago (remember? of course you do), using a heavier yarn (left over from the Frost Diamonds shawl), and made it longer in the middle. Et voila! I'm quite happy with it.

I guess that's all I can show you right now. I'm going back to the knitting. Happy Friday to you!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work! You have an eye for color--you choose the prettiest yarns.

    ReplyDelete