Saturday, October 26, 2013

She's Gone, She's Gone, Oh, Ah*

Right now I have miserable cramps, and I couldn't be happier to be going back on the pill; three cycles off, no apparent effect on the blood pressure, so fuck it. Control this. Owwww.

The other blot on my evening was the Bruins, who played so well during the first half of their game that they apparently felt they had done enough. New Jersey, on the other hand, continued to play, and came back from two down to win in the final minute. Ugh.

Overall, though, it was a good day, and I'm not saying that because I get seven loads of laundry done, or ran a few errands, or got half a knitting project done, though all those things are true. I'm saying that because, as of this morning, we are a one-cat household. Miri has left the building!

I felt a mix of feelings actually, not just relief, but that's what predominated. That's really the bottom line: it's over, and Carlos and I can now move on and see how we do. (If he's lonely, I'll find him a better friend; if he's okay, we'll keep it simple.) No more Miri-stress. Wow.

One follow-up on what I've often called her bug-eyed look of fear. One of the cat blogs I read, the Itty Bitty Kitty Committee, has been showing lots of pictures of the foster kitten that they decided to keep this year, and she looks startlingly like Miri, all the way to the eyes. However, she is not scared! She's friendly and relaxed, and I can't tell you how odd I've found it. This is a kitten who stays still for acupuncture! And yet my brain, trained by the experiences I've had, translates what seems to be her natural expression as meaning fear. It's so disorienting.

Bent over groaning. More codeine, and bed, I think.
*Here's your earworm...

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Farewell to Miss Miri; I'll say a prayer she finds a forever home that will be a good fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're relieved. No one can say you didn't try but sometimes it just doesn't work out. I was extremely fortunate that my parent's cat settled in so well because I don't know what I would have done otherwise.

    ReplyDelete