Wednesday, October 02, 2013

All I Want to Say About Politics as Usual

It feels wrong to ignore the extra-stupid stupidity going on this week, so to address the current situation of my country's government not governing, I offer three things. First, this quote from President Obama, speaking to NPR:
"I shouldn't have to offer [the Republicans] anything. They're not doing me a favor by paying for things that they have already approved for the government to do. That's part of their basic function of government; that's not doing me a favor. That's doing what the American people sent them here to do, carrying out their responsibilities."
Second, the inestimable Jon Stewart on the Daily Show:

And finally, the cover page of the New York Daily News on Tuesday:

And now, if you need to get that topic off your mind, I offer you:
 Hai and bai!

2 comments:

  1. Squee! Little sheepie! And bunny belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, argh, my husband is a govt. worker, furloughed. Not fun.

    Second, thanks for the Jon Stewart and bunny fix. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete